I really wanted to try to do a little something with some of the strawberries we are picking right now, and I think I have found a recipe that I can put together really quickly. The strawberry season is winding down, and I have processed all that I am going to for regular jam, but this marmalade looks yummy, and quick. I am going to make up a batch tomorrow and see how it goes. The girls would probably love this with biscuits in the morning.
FRESH STRAWBERRY MARMALADE
2 1-pint baskets fresh strawberries, hulled, quartered
1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 cup orange marmalade
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
Stir strawberries and sugar in large bowl. Let stand until
berries release juices, about 5 minutes. Stir in marmalade,
lemon juice and vinegar. Chill at least 30 minutes and up
to 4 hours.
Makes about 3 cups.
Bon Appetit June 1998
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment